Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gathering Resources

Since the outreach program is only going to be local, I thought to make contact with some nationally known charity organizations to help get the word out to those interested in making donations. 
The first one I approached was Sue Thompson of Head Huggers Organization.  Being a satellite group for Head Huggers, I will be collecting handmade hats for chemo and burn patients, newborns, other patients, and for others in need.  Basically - hats for anyone facing medical or financial issues.
The other organization I contacted was Care Wear.  Bonnie Hagerman gave me the ok to collect and distribute on behalf of Care Wear.  On behalf of Care Wear we will be donating handmade items for patients of all ages - newborns, children, youths, adults, seniors.
Another source I contacted was Bev Qualheim of Bev's Country Cottage.  Bev has a wonderful website loaded with tons of information on anything handmade for charity.
Having these three on our side is a great start in setting up this community outreach program.  Using these resources, we'll be able to reach out and spread blessings to so many people in the community.
Stay tuned to find out the centers I've contacted that would love to receive donations of our handmade blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment